Via Instapundit, a North Carolina home was damaged in an electrical fire that started at or near the Siemens electrical vehicle charger and Chevy Volt in the garage.
After a house fire in Mooresville, NC which started in the home’s garage was traced the the area near a charging station for an electric vehicle, WSOC-TV reported that Duke Energy, which installed the Siemens built charging station, has warned customers to not use similar units while the investigation into the fire proceeds.
Sounds bad, but that’s not what I want to talk about.
Fire investigators said there is about $800,000 worth of damage to the Lake Norman home. Investigators said they know it started in the garage, but they have yet to rule out the charging station.
I couldn’t do $800K worth of damage if I burned down my house, my neighbors house, and the apartment building behind us, and this was just the damage from a garage fire! You can see from the videos at the link that the home is still standing.
As a reminder, Chevy Volts get a tax incentive of $7,500, and cost about $41,000. Does a person who lives in a home big enough to suffer $800,000 worth of damage really deserve $7,500 worth of our tax money just to buy
an electric powered a coal powered car?
Tax credits like this merely take from those too poor to afford a coal fired white elephant and give to those that already live in mansions.
Do you RSS? Don’t know what an RSS Feed is?
Save time and read all the latest blog news first.