We’re going to see quotes out of the new book Proclaiming Liberty. There are lots to choose from, so bloggers will post them from time to time. I think that the most important part of the book is probably the most overlooked. It starts on Page 10, and is a list of the “Five recurrent themes of anti-gun partisans.” His basic thesis is that there really are only 5 arguments that the anti-gunners can make.
1. Gun prohibitionists reject Constitutional Originalism
2. Gun prohibitionists display moral confusion about self-defense
3. Gun prohibitionists indict inanimate objects instead of human behavior
4. Gun prohibitionists see their own hostility in innocent fellow citizens
5. Gun prohibitionists expect new laws to mitigate criminal behavior
This is about the simplest distillation of the five basic anti-gun “themes” I’ve ever seen.
You should spend the money and get your own copy of Proclaiming Liberty from Philip Milivor. It’s available from Amazon. Sadly, Amazon doesn’t have associates in North Carolina due to NC’s stupid tax laws, so I don’t get a penny from the sales of this book. I did get a free copy to read and it will be prominent in my library from now on.
Do you RSS? Don’t know what an RSS Feed is?
Save time and read all the latest blog news first.