I just got used to always having a knife in my pocket. Last night I noticed that it was missing and I couldn’t find it in my car. I think it must have gotten knocked out of my pocket at the dog park.
I need a replacement pocketknife. I had a Spyderco Delica 4. It was great, and I used it all the time to open boxes, cut stuff, even cut apples. Now I feel handicapped without it. I am considering buying this knife as a replacement.
On the Book of Face people have recommended several other knives. I need to keep costs down (Unless some manufacturer wants to give me the knife). The other limiting factor is North Carolina law. I can legally carry an “ordinary pocketknife.” That is defined as
So, no automatic or “ballistic” knives. I can own them, but I can’t carry them concealed. I can carry an “ordinary pocketknife” in my pocket.
What I liked about the Delica.
- It was a good size. I could go a bit bigger, but I wouldn’t want it to be smaller
- It was easy to open one handed.
- I could pick how to carry it. I carried it in my left front pocket, with the tip upwards. I could just pull it out, flick my thumb, and start using my knife.
- It was pretty sharp
Some of the knives recommended so far
- Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn – Umm, no. It looks like a fighting knife. Probably not a good choice for my work.
- 14K Summit Series – Looks nice, not too expensive. Can I carry this the way I want? Does the clip reverse? Doesn’t look like it.
- Svord Peasant Knife – Great price, but there is no clip. I want to clip it to my pocket.
- Benchmade Griptillian – I hear good things about this one. Looks like the clip works the way I want.
- Delica with an Emerson Wave opener – Looks like a good upgrade from what I had.
Any other suggestions? Anyone want to send me some knives to try out?