Cops are saying they got the three people responsible for an ambush murder in Raleigh
Three men have been arrested and charged with murder in the shooting death of a man outside his apartment near WakeMed’s Raleigh campus earlier this week.
Wonder of wonders, the story details what a bunch of choir boys they all weren’t.
I can’t find Suspect 2, but the story says this about him.
(Suspect 2) was charged last year with possession of marijuana. He was convicted in January of the lesser offense of possession of drug paraphernalia and ordered to pay a fine, state records show.
The cops won’t say if it was drug or gang related, but everyone involved except for Suspect 3 has been previously convicted of a drug related charge.
Providing an example of the old adage, “you can run, but you can’t hide,”
A home invasion at gunpoint in University City became a car theft that led to a four county crime spree.
They eventually got him collared. They’re looking for his partner.
He only just got out of prison in January. And judging by his record, the fact that he wouldn’t stay on the straight and narrow was pretty much obvious to everyone.
Update: They identified the partner.
Authorities in Cabarrus County have identified the second suspect in a multi-county crime spree that began in Charlotte, moved to Cabarrus County and ended in Anson County.
And, not surprisingly
Nothing to see here. Move along.
It only took from Friday to Tuesday to arrest their suspect
Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Detectives with the Homicide Unit have identified suspect in East Charlotte Murder.
So what sort of person hauls out a gun and murders someone?
I’m not surprised. Are you?
It looks like Quail Ridge Books and Music is hosting an anti-gun “Town Meeting.”
Our Town Meetings are always active affairs. Join us for our session on “Gun Violence in America: What Can or Should Be Done in Media, Politics and Mental Health” on Tuesday, May 28, at 7:30 p.m. In the aftermath of Sandy Hook there has been a great deal of speculation as to what is contributing to the upswing in mass shootings and violence in the public arena. Three areas have been targeted specifically: the lack of affordable mental health care, violence in the media, and gun legislation. Our panel includes: WRAL anchor and reporter David Crabtree, psychiatrist, humanist and philanthropist Dr. Assad Meymandi, Congressman David Price, representing North Carolina’s 4th District. As always, we thank our co-moderators, Clay Stalnaker and Mamie Potter.
I say “anti-gun” because it looks like there isn’t anyone who will be making the pro-liberty argument. We’ve got a radically anti-gun legislator, a reporter who doesn’t seem to like guns, and a psychiatrist whose views on guns are anyone’s guess.
Who stands for liberty? Will it just be three people telling us how awful the consequences of guns are to society while ignoring the far worse consequences of citizen disarmament? Is that what the event planner for Quail Ridge Books and Music intended? A parade of horribles targeting gun owners?
I’ll be standing for liberty, and I hope that you will stand with me.
- Quail Ridge Books and Music
- 3522 Wade Ave
- Raleigh, NC 27607-4048
- 05/28/2013 7:30 pm
Sadly, there was a woman who paid the price for letting this monster out
A woman was beaten, strangled and raped Saturday night when a man burst into her Cherryville home, according to police.
The man barged in, breaking the chain on the woman’s door, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.
The man punched the woman and forced her to the couch where he pinned her with his body and started choking her, the warrant states.
According to the affidavit, the victim lost consciousness and was then raped.
“When she started to become alert he would hit her again and choke her until she passed out,” an officer documented in the warrant.
The woman eventually fought the man off, and he ran from the house, the warrant states. She then called 911.
Think about that for a moment. Each time she passed out, she didn’t know if she was ever coming back. She had to consider that each time the light faded might be her last moments on earth.
He got out of prison last year in March. His record shows a complete lack of regard for the laws and morals of society. Yet the Supreme Court has ruled that we can’t execute people like him. Executing rapists is too harsh, or something. No, cutting off all his limbs, and dropping him in the middle of a pig farm in North Carolina for a horny boar to enjoy might approach too harsh. Might.
Gotta love those idiots at Moms Demand Action, a wholly owned subsidiary of Michael Bloomberg, Inc. They think that if you call something a “Mothers Bill of Rights“(PDF) that it will trump the real Bill of Rights.
You think you have the right to keep and bear arms. But moms have a lot more “rights” and they totally beat your tired old rights.
- You can keep guns, but not “Assault Weapons.” Mothers have a rights to make you not have those.
- You can have free speech, but you can’t have a movie or TV show with “gun violence” in it.
- You can keep arms, but don’t even think about “bearing” arms. Mom’s have the right to force you to keep those things locked up at home. Or the range. Just not in between.
- Mothers have the right to “know” that their children are “safe” in schools. How exactly anyone is supposed to provide this is somewhat of a mystery, but since it’s a Mother’s Right, I guess the government better get started quick.
- Any teachers who think they have a right to learn how to defend themselves or their students better think again. Mothers have the right to prevent them from learning anything self defense related.
- You thought that guns were regulated. And not in the Second Amendment sense of working correctly, but in the modern sense of being subject to lots of laws. Nope. Mothers have the right to demand more laws that assert the government’s power to insist on certain “safety” features on guns. The “safety” features needed would be decided by people who don’t use guns, don’t like guns, and don’t give a damn about your gun working when you need it.
- You thought that all voices were equal in the United States. No way! Mothers have the right to demand that the “gun industry” shut up, or at least our elected officials stop listening to them. Mothers not only have the right to demand useless “safety” features, they have the right to tell congresscritters not to listen to gun manufacturers telling them that they are useless.
- You also thought that pretty much anyone could get on the internet and find out basically anything they wanted to know about guns, firearm related deaths and injuries, and crime rates. Wrong again. Apparently the Mothers have a right to demand more data. Even if the CDC has to use tax dollars to fake some research to satisfy the Mothers’ demand for more data.
They don’t just hate your guns, they hate you and they hate your freedom.
But hey, it says “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED,” so that means we have to let them win, right?
How would you like to have this happen to you?
A resident inside the home called 9-1-1 saying that her house was being broken into. As officers arrived on the scene, the suspects tried to run away. Officers were able to catch (Suspect 1) and (Suspect 2) at that time.
We rightly view a home invasion as one of the worst possible scenarios. The reason is that no one breaks into your house to tell you that you’ve won the lottery.
Suspect 2 is not in the database, but the story says this about him
(Suspect 2) has also been charged with firearm by convicted felon.
How’s that for a wake up call? He was breaking in to an occupied home, with a gun, and he and his accomplice are both felons.