The modern NRA is not the same as the NRA before 1977. They were just a marksmanship organization that wouldn’t fight back against the anti-gun forces. They even helped craft the 1968 Gun Control Act. So why is it that today’s NRA isn’t on board with Alan Gura’s Second Amendment Foundation? To hear the NRA tell it, they won Heller and McDonald. They even tried to mess up Alan’s case down here in North Carolina, Bateman vs. Perdue, by trying to change the law before we could get a Federal judge to invalidate it.
Maybe it’s time for another revolt. We have some time to get this worked out before the St. Louis convention. We need a slate of candidates for the NRA Board. Apparently we have 25 slots to fill. Since we bloggers have all the answers, maybe we should be in charge. Here’s my proposals.
1. Alan Gura – A no brainer. We’ll get him on the NRA Board, stopping the NRA from messing with their lawsuits
2. Alan Gottlieb – Another no brainer. He’s the other Alan of the SAF wrecking crew.
3. Mike Vanderboegh – this would be epic. And it’s only fair that he get rewarded for his tireless efforts uncovering and publicizing Gunwalker
4. David Codrea – Gunwalker, Gunwalker, Gunwalker. Along with Mike, who knows more about the ATF’s shenanigans?
5. Glenn Reynolds – Will advocate for happily married gay couples with closets full of machine guns.
6. Say Uncle – Doesn’t have too many ideas of his own any more, but he’ll tell you about a good idea he just heard.
7. Breda – Someone needs to show the ladies that they can wear skirts and halter tops and no one will notice that they are open carrying.
8. Kevin Baker – Kevin will be prepared at any time to drop 100,000 words of extensively footnoted explanations on one of two subjects. How gun control is racist, sexist, immoral, and fattening. And how American schooling is designed by socialists to teach conformism and government control to kids in an effort to demoralize future generations and make them less likely to try to control their own destiny. These two items are related in that they have the same root, the natural tendency of elites (The rest of Kevin Baker’s election statement may be viewed at his site, HERE)
9. JayG – Because he has most of the guns, and he’s scary looking. We will have him take care of anti-gun organization outreach.
10. Tam K – Tam will head up the Communications department. Sometimes people just need to be told. Tam will tell them. And once Tam tells someone, they stay told.
11. Robb Allen – With his graphics skills, Robb will bring a wealth of humor and style to the graphic presentation of official NRA communications. He will work with Tam so that between them even illiterate anti-gunners will know that they’ve been told.
12. Dave Hardy – Sometimes some of the less political of gun owners have trouble understanding what Alan and Alan are up to. Dave will explain that to them. In between his research, of course.
13. Kenn Blanchard – Someone needs to pray for our enemies. Kenn’s nice enough to remember them even though I don’t think that they deserve it.
14. Me – I will spend most of my time pointing out the difference between the regular average citizen gun owner and the criminal class that causes the vast majority of the crime. And I promise to reduce crime by shooting any home invaders with the Kriss Vector I’ll buy as soon as I sell enough t-shirts. I will also take over as the NRA representative for North Carolina, making sure that the NRA stops stepping all over GRNC.
We have some more spots open in our list. Add other nominees in the comments below!
Do you RSS? Don’t know what an RSS Feed is?
Save time and read all the latest blog news first.