McMillan sells some great firearms. They sell a lot to police agencies. We stood with them when they got screwed over by their bank. Now Kelly McMillan wants to help us out. A reader received this in an email from Kelly,
Give me a list specific agencies where the Commissioner or Police chief have made public statements in support of a firearms ban, then I will agree not to sell to those departments.
Kelly D. McMillan
Kelly tells me that he has concerns about cutting off all police in a given area just because of the actions of a few. While I obviously don’t agree totally with him I have to admit that he has a point. Am I to complain when he offers me half of what I want instead of all of it? No way!
I have offered to build this list for Kelly. Here’s what I need.
- Names of Police Chiefs and Commissioners who have prostituted their uniforms in service to the anti-gun cause.
- Specifics. Dates, times, and most importantly, LINKS to source material. That can be these anti-gunner’s own press releases, video, or neutral news reports.
I’ll get you started with my favorite example
Baltimore County Police Chief Jim Johnson We saw him testify in Congress that we need to ban “assault weapons” and “high-capacity” magazines. Johnson is the Chairman of the National Law Enforcement Partnership to Prevent Gun Violence which has as its policy agenda
- Require background checks for all firearm purchasers.
- Improve background checks by ensuring that the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), which maintains records of those who are legally prohibited from purchasing guns, be complete and accurate.
- Ban new semi-automatic assault weapons.
- Limit high-capacity ammunition magazines to ten rounds.
- Oppose federal preemption of state laws governing the carrying of concealed weapons.
I need YOUR help. In addition to giving me the names of people you already know of, research the names at this organization. Get started with this handy list of people on their latest (PDF) press release.
- Chief Anne Glavin, California State University, Northridge, CA
- Chief Terry Cunningham, Wellesley, MA
- Chief John Dixon, Petersburg, VA
- Dolores (“ʺDee”ʺ) Danser, Chief, Dickinson College Public Safety
- Mike Fink, Deputy Chief, University of Pennsylvania
- Mike Webster, Director, Campus Safety, McDaniel College.
- Kent Barker, Chief, Tualatin, OR
- Dwight Henninger, Chief, Vail, CO
- Russell Laine, Chief, Algonquin, IL
- Joseph H. Lumpkin, Sr., Chief of Police, Athens Clark County, GA
- Colonel Steven O’ʹDonnell, Superintendent, RISP/Commissioner, RI Department of Public Safety.
- Shawn Jones, Deputy Chief, Atlanta, GA
- Martha Montalvo, Executive Assistant Chief, Houston, TX.
- Travis Christian, Chief, Waverly, PA
- Keith Humphrey, Chief of Police, Norman, OK
- Virgil Green, Chief of Police, Spencer, OK
- Victor McCraw, Captain, Arizona Department of Public Safety
- William Nagle, Deputy Chief, Denver, CO
- Thomas Ryff, Chief, Tempe, AZ
- Perry Tarrant, Captain, Tucson, AZ
- John Vinson, Chief of Police, University of Washington
I am swamped trying to keep up with the New York Boycott. A volunteer to help with this would be awesome.
We provide the list and the details, Kelly McMillan makes the final determination at his sole discretion.
A Warning. There are those who would take this half a loaf offer and spit on it as “not good enough.” Before you take that attitude, consider that Kelly McMillan has offered to lose actual paying business for our cause. I appreciate his willingness to help us out here and I expect that all of you will treat that offer with the same respect.