Gotta love those idiots at Moms Demand Action, a wholly owned subsidiary of Michael Bloomberg, Inc. They think that if you call something a “Mothers Bill of Rights“(PDF) that it will trump the real Bill of Rights.
You think you have the right to keep and bear arms. But moms have a lot more “rights” and they totally beat your tired old rights.
- You can keep guns, but not “Assault Weapons.” Mothers have a rights to make you not have those.
- You can have free speech, but you can’t have a movie or TV show with “gun violence” in it.
- You can keep arms, but don’t even think about “bearing” arms. Mom’s have the right to force you to keep those things locked up at home. Or the range. Just not in between.
- Mothers have the right to “know” that their children are “safe” in schools. How exactly anyone is supposed to provide this is somewhat of a mystery, but since it’s a Mother’s Right, I guess the government better get started quick.
- Any teachers who think they have a right to learn how to defend themselves or their students better think again. Mothers have the right to prevent them from learning anything self defense related.
- You thought that guns were regulated. And not in the Second Amendment sense of working correctly, but in the modern sense of being subject to lots of laws. Nope. Mothers have the right to demand more laws that assert the government’s power to insist on certain “safety” features on guns. The “safety” features needed would be decided by people who don’t use guns, don’t like guns, and don’t give a damn about your gun working when you need it.
- You thought that all voices were equal in the United States. No way! Mothers have the right to demand that the “gun industry” shut up, or at least our elected officials stop listening to them. Mothers not only have the right to demand useless “safety” features, they have the right to tell congresscritters not to listen to gun manufacturers telling them that they are useless.
- You also thought that pretty much anyone could get on the internet and find out basically anything they wanted to know about guns, firearm related deaths and injuries, and crime rates. Wrong again. Apparently the Mothers have a right to demand more data. Even if the CDC has to use tax dollars to fake some research to satisfy the Mothers’ demand for more data.
They don’t just hate your guns, they hate you and they hate your freedom.
But hey, it says “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED,” so that means we have to let them win, right?